November 28, 2016

IT'S A WRAP

Hello Everyone,

This year I've fallen in love with all types of outer wear cardigans and wraps.  I like them because you can wear them instead of a coat.  Now that I drive to work, I go from my garage at home to a garage at work, so I seldom wear a coat, I don't like to drive wearing a heavy coat.  The outer wear cardigan is perfect for this situation.

One of my students gifted me a ponte knit fabric, she did not like so I kindly took it off her hands.  As usual, I didn't know what I was going to make with it.  I found in my pattern stash McCall's 7262, my fabric is a little heavier than what the pattern required, but it still worked.  I can see me wearing this on the weekend to run errands and it will look great with a pair of jeans or leggins and boots.

Although the description on the pattern is "loose fitting sweater coat", it resembles a wrap coat because it snaps at the opposite shoulder then it crosses the front of your body.  







I also love the way it looks when it's open.




Whether it's a loose fitting sweater coat or a wrap, I love it.

MATERIALS USED:
Pattern:  McCall's 7262
Fabric:  Ponte double knit


Thanks for visiting my blog.


No comments: