March 27, 2014

Chocolate Avocado Mousse

Someone posted a Vegan "Chocolate Avocado Mousse" recipe on Facebook a few days ago. Well, I tried it and it's delicious. You don't taste the avocados, it really taste like chocolate. I'm not a vegan but I LOVE avocados.  Once the bowls chill, I will top them with sliced strawberries. This will be my healthy dessert, I will definitely try it again.

 
Some people have asked me to post the recipe for the chocolate avocado mousse recipe.
 
 Below is the recipe, I used 3 avocados instead of 4 because I wanted to have some left for breakfast for the next few days. Although I used 3 avocados it's still a nice texture, I'm sure it would be a little thicker if I had used 4. I have a nut allergy, so I used Ghiradelli chocolate chips because it's all natural (I can't use Hershey, but you can) and I used Vanilla soy milk instead of Almond Milk.
 
INGREDIENTS
⦁ 1/2 cup semisweet chocolate chips, such as Ghirardelli
⦁ 4 very ripe (8 ounce) avocados, peeled and pitted
⦁ 1/2 cup agave
⦁ 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
⦁ 1/3 cup almond milk
⦁ 1 tablespoon pure vanilla extract

DIRECTIONS
Place the chocolate chips in a small bowl. Place over a small saucepan of barely simmering water. Stir until the chocolate is melted and smooth, about 3 minutes. Set aside to cool slightly.
Place the melted chocolate, avocados, agave, cocoa powder, almond milk, vanilla and salt in a food processor. Blend until smooth and creamy, scraping the sides of the bowl as needed. Spoon into glasses and refrigerate for at least 3 hours (can be prepared 1 day in advance). Garnish with fresh raspberries and serve.







No comments: