February 19, 2016

SEWING BEHIND THE SCENE

Hello Sew Family,

It's been awhile since I've posted something, but that doesn't mean I haven't been sewing.  I've been doing A LOT of teaching for the past 8 months, I had no idea teaching others to sew was going to be such a big hit for my business.  I thought the custom sewing was going to keep me busy.  Speaking of custom sewing, I've been doing some sewing for my clients in addition to teaching others how to sew.  A client asked me to make her some pencil skirts and A-line skirts for a fashion show she's participating in at the end of February.

I made a total of 11 skirts, she picked up the skirts tonight and was very happy with the end result.

Here is a picture of the pencil skirt I made.  I only took one picture, but I made several of these skirts.



Look at the unique, beautiful fabric she wanted the A-line skirts to be made from.  I would not normally look at this type of fabric, but after seeing the outcome of the skirts, I will definitely think outside the box when it comes to different kinds of fabric.


I had to pay attention to how I positioned the pattern so the faces would be in the right position (not upside down).







No comments: