February 24, 2016

EMBRACING MY GRAY HAIR

From the first time I started seeing a few strands of gray hair (which have been a few years now), I've been coloring my hair to hide my gray.  I would not let my gray strands see the light of day, LOL!!!






Well, since I've been working my sewing business full time from my home I was not venturing outside as much because I was trying to get a handle of the business.  I was not in constant contact with people like I was when I was working a full time 9 to 5 job, which meant I did not have a need to color my gray hair as often.

One day I decided to take a trip to the grocery store and I forgot I had not colored my hair.  I ran into one of my girlfriends while I was shopping.  She said "LaToria, don't color your hair anymore".  I said "what?"  I had completely forgotten my gray hair was now visible for the world to see.  She said "don't color your hair anymore, that gray looks nice on you."  This took me by surprise.  I told her I would give it some thought.  She kept staring at me while we were in line waiting to pay for our groceries.  As we walked to our cars to go home, she said "don't color your hair anymore".

A few weeks later I was going to a meeting, a man was coming out of the building as I was entering the building.  He said "I like your hair", I smiled and said "Thank You."  This made me think about what my girlfriend told me in the grocery store.  Of course, when I got home I told her about it.  She said "see I told you."

My sister-in-law saw me recently, she told me the gray looked sexy on me with my cute face, LOL!!!

I used to wear my hair on my forehead, but one morning when I took my scarf off  my head, my hair was pushed back off my forehead showing my gray hair and I looked at it a few times and I began to like the look.  Now, I wear my hair off of my forehead with my gray showing around the frame of my face and I'm embracing the change.


No comments: