May 29, 2014

WHILE WE WERE SLEEPING.....

As many of you know, "sewing is my passion".  I truly enjoy all aspects of sewing from making custom made clothing to teaching others how to sew.  I teach all levels of sewing to different age ranges.  I had a student who had not sewn for more than 20 years.  She decided to take one of my Beginning Sewing Classes to get back into the sewing.  In the Beginning Sewing class I taught them how to make an easy skirt.  That student is now making purses. I always keep her encouraged, I tell her that I'm proud of her and to keep up the good work.  Well, to my surprise this is what she sent me:

"Thanks! You're a great teacher. Luke 6:40 The student is not above the teacher, but everyone who is fully trained will be like their teacher."

This is her post acknowledging me teaching her how to sew.

Happy Thursday all!
While you were sleeping and I was MIA! lol These are my "Throwback pictures." I decided to get back into sewing and took a class with LaToria Bolling at CSM (College of Southern Maryland). I made the skirt in her class and the bags at home. Have to make time to sew more things like dresses, etc.
Have a blessed day!



This almost bought tears to my eyes.  I love teaching people how to sew and to see them grow in their sewing, it is sooo rewarding. I thank GOD all of the time for the talent HE has blessed with me.

No comments: