February 22, 2020

I'M MAKING PROGRESS

I'm making progress on my test garments (muslins) for my prom orders.  I've made a muslin for a jacket and a dress, I have to finish the bottom of the dress and I have one more muslin to make for another dress.  My clients will come over for a fitting of their test garments before I make the actual garment out of the fashion fabric.

I remember when I was first told about making a muslin before I cut into the fashion fabric.  I fought the idea of making a muslin until I was told it will save me money replacing the fashion fabric if I have to make changes.  Now making a muslin is a norm for me.  Some people say it's a lot of work.  Yes it can be a lot of work and yes, I am making the garment twice but I'm only making the shell, such as the front, the back, the sleeve, the collar, the pant legs and waistband.  I do not make a muslin of the lining, I only make the outside pieces.  Making a muslin will give my clients the opportunity to make alterations to give them the exact fit they want.

Once all of the alterations are done to the muslin, I will take it apart and use it as a pattern to make their garments out of their fashion fabric.




I LOVE sewing and I Thank GOD constantly for blessing me this talent.  This is definitely a GOD GIVEN TALENT!!!


Thanks for stopping by!!!


Your talent is God's gift to you.  What you do with it is your gift back to God.  
                                                                                                       Leo Buscaglia

No comments: