August 17, 2016

FOODIE - Cornish Hen

Hello Everyone,

I love to cook just as much as I love to sew.

When I cook on Sundays, I cook enough food to the last the entire week, although I like cooking, I don't want to cook EVERYDAY.

I prepare a meal prep for the week, Saturday is a free day (no cooking), I normally eat out on Fridays and Saturdays.

This week, I made Cornish Hens, I used fresh herbs from my garden (yes, I also grow a garden).  I used basil, rosemary, oregano and thyme.  I love using herbs and veggies from my garden.




I washed and dried the herbs, then I used my chopper (Pampered Chef Chopper) to chop the herbs to make a rub.








I mixed the seasonings Adobe, lemon pepper and olive oil with the chopped herbs to make a paste.




I pat dried the Cornish Hens, and I lift the skin on the Cornish Hen to rub the herbs paste directly on the meat.  I placed two small celery pieces inside.







I baked the Cornish Hen on 350 degrees for 1 hour.



The local grocery store had all peppers (green, red, yellow and orange) on sale for $1.00/each.  Since my peppers are not ready to be picked yet, I bought 2 of each and sliced them and put them in the freezer for later use.

I steamed broccoli and added the frozen sliced peppers to the broccoli along with adobe and lemon pepper seasoning.





I made Sun Tea by sitting a class jar of water with 4 tea bags in the sun on a table on my deck.



This was my Sunday dinner along with Sun Tea


No comments: